10 Questions to ask your broker when you get your real estate license in Missouri or Kansas City
When you get your Missouri real estate license in Kansas City one of the most important days in your career is when you decide which broker to hang your license with. You will quickly find out the getting your Missouri real estate license is just the first part in a successful career in real estate. When you are new, you don’t know what you don’t know. Here are a list of 10 questions that your broker should be able to answer:
- What do you have in place as far as new real estate agent training or mentoring? What does it cost? Show me your last 12 months metrics on the success of the program. How many agents enrolled, how many transactions over what period of time?
- Can I see a copy of your local and regional training calendar?
- What Strategies, Systems or Techniques are your agents using to outperform the average agent in the market place?
- What is the commission split? Are all agents on the same split? Why do certain people get a different split? Why can’t I get that deal?
- At what point in my dollar volume production do I truly get to keep 100% of my commission?
- Do you have hidden or added fees that I have to pay for if my clients will not cover them i.e transaction fee, administrative fee, additional marketing fee? If so, what do I get for those fees? When do they go away?
- How much of the owner’s profit did you share back with your agents?
- Would I be able to see the office’s financial statement? Are your books open to your agent population? Why not?
- When can I earn ownership in the office?
- Do I have a say in how the money that I contribute to the company is spent?
Now that I know which questions to ask my broker, what’s next?
Getting your Missouri real estate license is just the first step in a fulfilling career in real estate. Make sure you partner with a company that views you as a business partner and not just the customer. You want to find an environment and a culture that matches up with yours. When choosing an office to hang your Missouri real estate license with, be sure that the answers you get to these questions make sense to you.
To have Keller Williams Platinum Partners answer all of these questions for you, feel free to set up a confidential consultation.
-To your success.
So you have thought about getting your real estate license. You live in Kansas. Now what? Well to get your real estate license in Kansas it is a simple 4 step process.
- Take the 30 hour pre-exam course. This course prepares you to take the Kansas real estate license test. There are in class and online options, we have recommendations, but you can find out what is best for you. During this class it is advised that you get your fingerprints and send them off to the state for your background check.
- Take the Kansas real estate license test. The test is comprised of a majority of general real estate questions and portion of state specific questions as well.
- Take a 30 hour real estate practice course. This course is designed to introduce you to the way that real estate business is done and how to negotiate your way through a transaction. Like the first course there are in-class and online options.
- Apply for your License with the state!
Get your Kansas real estate license!
Getting your license real estate license in Kansas is actually not that difficult. One of the hardest decisions you will make is where to “hang” your license. In Kansas, in order to practice real estate you have to be supervised by a Broker. All that means is you have to choose a real estate office to work at. The options are literally vast.
Questions to ask when choosing a real estate company to work for:
When choosing a real estate brokerage in Kansas to work for, there are several questions that are pretty important, especially if you are brand new to sales and also brand new to real estate.
- What types of new agent real estate training do you offer? Do you have a real estate mentoring or shadowing program?
- What tools, technology and systems do you offer, and what are their costs? Are the tools and systems included in my monthly dues how are they paid for?
- Do you have any statistics on new agent successes in your office? What are the averages that your office has in regards to helping brand new agents in real estate get commissions quickly?
Getting your real estate license in Kansas is one thing. Choosing a great real estate company in Kansas to work with is another.
If you are thinking of getting your real estate license in Kansas then we should talk! I would love to set up a confidential no obligation meeting to go over your needs.
To your success!!!