So you have thought about getting your real estate license. You live in Kansas. Now what? Well to get your real estate license in Kansas it is a simple 4 step process.
- Take the 30 hour pre-exam course. This course prepares you to take the Kansas real estate license test. There are in class and online options, we have recommendations, but you can find out what is best for you. During this class it is advised that you get your fingerprints and send them off to the state for your background check.
- Take the Kansas real estate license test. The test is comprised of a majority of general real estate questions and portion of state specific questions as well.
- Take a 30 hour real estate practice course. This course is designed to introduce you to the way that real estate business is done and how to negotiate your way through a transaction. Like the first course there are in-class and online options.
- Apply for your License with the state!
Getting your license real estate license in Kansas is actually not that difficult. One of the hardest decisions you will make is where to “hang” your license. In Kansas, in order to practice real estate you have to be supervised by a Broker. All that means is you have to choose a real estate office to work at. The options are literally vast.
Questions to ask when choosing a real estate company to work for:
When choosing a real estate brokerage in Kansas to work for, there are several questions that are pretty important, especially if you are brand new to sales and also brand new to real estate.
- What types of new agent real estate training do you offer? Do you have a real estate mentoring or shadowing program?
- What tools, technology and systems do you offer, and what are their costs? Are the tools and systems included in my monthly dues how are they paid for?
- Do you have any statistics on new agent successes in your office? What are the averages that your office has in regards to helping brand new agents in real estate get commissions quickly?
Getting your real estate license in Kansas is one thing. Choosing a great real estate company in Kansas to work with is another.
If you are thinking of getting your real estate license in Kansas then we should talk! I would love to set up a confidential no obligation meeting to go over your needs.
To your success!!!